Today I got some problem with opening word documents in SharePoint 2010.

 

image

 

Word Web App cannot open this document for viewing because of an unexpected error. To view this document, open it in Microsoft Word.

There are a number of basic things to check immediately but none of them seemed to solve our problem.

ULS logs:

Librarian.SetCompleted(F0c7d1d5fd3234162833d31e20d3e9687m473392

a6ecac4b85890f990f6b262c55m0846e19754004739ad93720821134224m, Silverlight, docdata.xml) – status = ConversionError

So the Word Viewing Service Application is having trouble converting the document into Silverlight to send to the client.

Resolve problem:

$e = Get-SPServiceApplication | where {$_.TypeName.Equals("Word Viewing Service Application")}

$e.WordServerIsSandboxed

$e.WordServerIsSandboxed = $false

$e.WordServerIsSandboxed

IISRESET

Also if you use SharePoint 2010 on DC,  you have to write this code:

#(Please use the below script for PowerPointServiceApplication – You need to enter "Y" for the answer of each cmd)
Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedViewing $false
Get-SPPowerPointServiceApplication | Set-SPPowerPointServiceApplication -EnableSandboxedEditing $false

 

After you can to go to the path c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config

and add dynamicTypes tag:

<add mimeType="application/zip" enabled="false" />

Hi all. Last week I got error, when I used Java Script code for get data of list SharePoint.

 

e.g:

<CommandUIHandlers>
<CommandUIHandler
Command="GK_Test_Button"
CommandAction="javascript:function Get_Selected_Item_ID()
{
var selectedItems = SP.ListOperation.Selection.getSelectedItems();
var ListId = SP.ListOperation.Selection.getSelectedList();
for(var i in selectedItems)
{
alert(‘Item ID = ‘ + selectedItems[i].id);
}
alert(‘items = ‘ + items);
var ctx = SP.ClientContext.get_current();
var web = ctx.get_web();
ctx.load(web);
alert(‘CTX = ‘ + ctx);
alert(‘CTX URL = ‘ + ctx.Url);
alert(‘WEB = ‘ + web);
alert(‘WEB URL = ‘ + web.Url);
}
Get_Selected_Item_ID()" />
</CommandUIHandlers>

 

After, I got error:

"Permission denied" error while trying to get SP.ClientContext using javascript Client Object Model on load event

 

The issue occurs because the scripts required by the Client OM are not loaded before the execution of the Javascript code.

Resolution:

<CommandUIHandler
Command="RedirectWithJS"
CommandAction="javascript:
var web;
SP.SOD.executeOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(initialize,’SP.js’);
function getRelativeUrl()
{
alert(‘web.get_serverRelativeUrl() ‘ + web.get_serverRelativeUrl());
}
function getFailed()
{
alert(‘Failed to retrieve the server relative URL.’);
}
function initialize()
{
var clientContext = new SP.ClientContext.get_current();
web = clientContext.get_web();а
clientContext.load(web);
clientContext.executeQueryAsync(Function.createDelegate(this, getRelativeUrl), Function.createDelegate(this, getFailed));
}" />

 

More information this – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2529245

The downloadable compiled help (CHM) files for the SharePoint 2010 SDKs have been updated and available for download. This is my preferred way of working with the SDK as I spend a lot of time offline and on the road. Get it hot off the press!

» SharePoint Foundation 2010 CHM (April 1, 2011 SDK refresh)
» SharePoint Server 2010 CHM (April 1, 2011 SDK refresh)